“I’ll do it tomorrow .”
I literally said that to myself yesterday, in regards to writing this post. So much for my resolution to stop procrastinating…
For many, January brings thoughts of a new start – initiating new, healthy habits and retiring old, destructive ones. It’s a noble notion – expected, really – but it can be difficult. The allure of broad, sweeping life changes or “Mt. Everest-sized” goals or resolutions can sometimes do more harm than good, as lofty, unattainable goals can lead to disappointment and back-sliding.
Changing the way we spend our days – even a small portion of our days – can be daunting. Here’s what we’re doing to make sure we stay on top of things ::
- Set manageable, realistic, and time-bound goals
- Read said goals first thing each day, well before the distraction of email and/or social media
- Share goals with a few close friends or colleagues who will help with accountability
- Ask each other weekly how things are going
- Celebrate the small victories
So let’s head into 2017 together and with purpose. It will be exactly what we make it, so let’s make it awesome!